Planned Giving is the deliberate consideration of how some of our earthly treasure can be used to fulfill our vision for the Church. The Lititz Moravian Congregation is fortunate that many members have taken the step and provided for the future.
Deliberate planning is the way to make a difference. It’s the way we enable our vision for ministry in Lititz. It’s the way we join future generations in Christian witness.
Please click here to download the "Our Legacy" brochure, which provides a general introduction to Planned Giving.
The Klein Society was established to
George and Anna Klein were surely in the vanguard of planned giving. When they offered their farm to establish Lititz in 1753, they had been considering their supporting role in matters of faith for more than a decade.
It was 1742, when George Klein first engaged Count Nicholas Zinzendorf in discussion about the ecumenical “Church of the Spirit.” Like many destined to make a difference, George and Anna Klein began with a small gift in 1744, a parcel of land for a “union” church to be known as St. James.
They took yet another step when they provided more land for the building of the first Gemeinhaus, primarily a place for a Moravian school. Finally, in 1753, they offered their entire farm to Count Zinzendorf to establish a community that we now call Lititz. It took several years to arrange the details, but in 1756 Count Zinzendorf accepted their gift for the Church and agreed to provide the Kleins with life income. That was a planned gift that would make a difference.
Contact the church office (626-8515) and leave a message for Gary Scibal if you are interested in becoming a contributing member of the Klein Society.